Botanical Dye Workshop
Sunday Dec 5th. 3-5pm
at MXED GREENS
Join us for an afternoon of exploring the magic of plant dyes! This is a class, but it's also a chance to play and experiment and make something beautiful. You'll be provided all materials to make 2 silk bandanas/scarves, including dye plants that we grew in our gardens this year <3 This is one of our favorite ways to appreciate the beauty & chemistry of plants, and we're excited to share it with you!
What we'll cover:
- fabric options + mordants
- plant dye preparations
- local plants that can be used for dyeing
- dye techniques with a focus on bundle-dyeing
- plant dye modifiers
- 2 silk bandanas/scarves for you to dye
- dye plants + all supplies for bundle dyeing
- handout with information from the workshop so you can continue experimenting with natural dyes at home! (you can def bring your own notebook to write info down too)
Cost: $40-60 sliding Scale
Not sure where to pay on the scale? Review our sliding scale system here. (used for Tasha's Blue Whale Apothecary Products + MXED GREENS products)
This is an indoor event, so well-fitted masks are required! Tasha + Devon are vaccinated, and will be wearing masks when teaching. Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please contact us if you have questions about this!