Join us for an afternoon of exploring the magic of plant dyes! This is a class, but it's also a chance to play and experiment and make something beautiful. You'll be provided all materials to make 2 silk bandanas/scarves. We'll cover bundle dying with the yellow/orange/red flowers of the season, and then do salt-rub fresh indigo dye.
This is one of our favorite ways to appreciate the beauty & chemistry of plants, and we're excited to share it with you!
What we'll cover:
- fabric options + mordants
- plant dye preparations
- local plants that can be used for dyeing
- dye techniques with a focus on bundle-dyeing
- plant dye modifiers
- 2 silk bandanas/scarves for you to dye
- dye plants + all supplies for bundle dyeing
- handout with information from the workshop so you can continue experimenting with natural dyes at home! (you can def bring your own notebook to write info down too)
Cost: $40-60 sliding Scale
Not sure where to pay on the scale? Review our sliding scale system here.
About the Space:
Sulis Studio is run by local artists Becca and Raven. Current offerings include weekly figure drawing classes, and workshops taught by guest instructors. check out the gorgeous space @sulisstudio253. The studio is wheelchair accessible (there is an elevator and the studio itself has an open layout). There will be a variety of sitting/standing options, and there is a bathroom.
Workshop is limited to 14 participants. This is an indoor event, so well-fitted masks are required! (if you need a KN-95 or surgical mask, we always have them available) Tasha + Devon are vaccinated & boosted, and will be wearing masks for the duration of the event including while teaching. Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please contact us if you have questions about this!