Join us for an evening of exploring the magic of plant dyes! This is a class, but it's also a chance to play and experiment and make something beautiful. You'll be provided all materials to make 2 silk bandanas/scarves, including dye plants that we grew in our gardens this year <3
This is one of our favorite ways to appreciate the beauty & chemistry of plants, and we're excited to share it with you!
What we'll cover:
- fabric options + mordants
- plant dye preparations
- local plants that can be used for dyeing
- dye techniques with a focus on bundle-dyeing
- plant dye modifiers
- 2 silk bandanas/scarves for you to dye
- dye plants + all supplies for bundle dyeing
- handout with information from the workshop so you can continue experimenting with natural dyes at home! (you can def bring your own notebook to write info down too)
Cost: $40-60 sliding Scale
Not sure where to pay on the scale? Review our sliding scale system here.
Workshop is limited to 12 participants. This is an indoor event, so well-fitted masks are required! (if you need a KN-95 or surgical mask, we always have them available) Tasha + Devon are vaccinated & boosted, and will be wearing masks for the duration of the event including while teaching. Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please contact us if you have questions about this!